At Sussex MSK Partnership we put you at the centre of everything we do. We aim to transform your experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions, those conditions which affect your muscles, joints or bones.
We aim to put you in control of your own healthcare and deliver care that is tailored to your needs. It is not “what’s the matter?” but “what matters to you?”
- That you understand the your health choices and feel involved in your care.
- That you have visibility of your journey and will be able to hold us to account for delivery of your health goals.
- That we focus with you on prevention and supported self-management of your condition.
We cover the four main areas of MSK care
- Self Care – giving you and your carer the tools you need to manage your condition as part of your everyday life at home, and connecting you with people and organisations who can continue to support you.
- Primary Care – working with GPs and Practice Nurses to make sure they are connected to our service, ensuring that they have the latest education and training to deliver the most up to date treatment and care, and when you are discharged after being seen by our service, your GP is connected to and understands your care plan.
- Community Based Specialist MSK Care – community teams of physiotherapists, podiatrists, doctors, specialist nurses, osteopaths and occupational therapists to deliver a truly joined up service with clinical staff all working together and working with you to agree a care plan; a care plan which recognises your health goals and supports you to achieve those goals.
- Hospital Care – if you need an operation, giving you a choice of a wide range of hospitals. We work with hospital teams to ensure that you receive the right care and appropriate follow up and rehabilitation following surgery.