Welcome to the Chronic Pain Service
The pain service forms part of a range of services provided by the Sussex MSK Partnership. It is a service provided by clinicians called Advanced Practitioners. These are physiotherapists with specialist knowledge and skills in caring for patients with chronic pain conditions. The aim of the service is to provide patients with a high quality service that is based in a community setting, such as a GP surgery.
To help you prepare for your appointment we have collected some general information on our FAQ’s page. This will help you understand what to expect from your appointment and how best to prepare.
To find a full list of our clinic locations please see locations page.
If you need to speak to one of our team about an appointment or referral, please see the contact page for more details.
The following videos have been carefully selected by our clinical staff to help you improve your understanding of pain and how it can be managed. Each video has been put together by an expert. They are informative, easy to understand and contain the best information available
10 Mindful Minutes
23 and ½ hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
Back pain – separating fact from fiction – Prof Peter O’Sullivan
Here are some leaflets to help you manage your condition, these have been reviewed and approved by our clinical staff to be the best information for patients.
- Back in Control (BiC) leaflet
- Back in Control (BiC) course manual
- Back in Control (BiC) course manual – Arabic
- Back in Control (BiC) course manual – Polish
- Cervical Medial Branch Radiofrequency Denervation
- Cervical Transforaminal Epidural Injection
- Diagnostic Cervical Facet Joint Medial Branch Block
- Diagnostic Lumbar Facet Joint Medial Branch Block
- Injection Therapy
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Denervation
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Pain Service Leaflet