Welcome to the Rheumatology Service
The rheumatology service forms part of a range of services provided by the Sussex MSK Partnership. The aim of the service is to provide patients with a high quality service that is based in a community setting, such as at a GP surgery.
To help you prepare for your appointment we have collected some general information on our FAQ’s page. This will help you understand what to expect from your appointment and how best to prepare.
To find a full list of our clinic locations please see locations page.
If you need to speak to one of our team about an appointment or referral, please see the contact page for more details.
The National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) is a UK wide charity dedicated to ending the pain and suffering caused by osteoporosis. NOS produces a wide range of information leaflets, booklets and factsheets for people living with osteoporosis and for those wanting to improve their bone health. The charity also provides a free osteoporosis helpline and self-management support groups.
- For ‘Fracture prevention’ - avoiding accidents and falls
- For ‘Fracture prevention’ -healthy living
- For ‘Introduction to osteoporosis’
- Osteporosis (ARUK)
Self Management for osteoperosis
Support and advice can be gained from NOS by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brighton & Hove National Osteoporosis Society support group meets at Maycroft Manor Care Home in Brighton (2-8 Carden Avenue, BN1 8NA) every first Wednesday of the month from 14.30 to 16.00. There are no meetings in January and August.
For information about osteoporosis please click on the recommended links:
My life Brighton & Hove - an on-line directory listing local Brighton & Hove and national organisations / services to support everyday living.
Here are some leaflets to help you manage your condition, these have been reviewed and approved by our clinical staff to be the best information for patients.
- The Community Rheumatology Service
- Fibromyalgia Patient Manual
- Fibromyalgia Patient Manual – Arabic Translation
- Getting the most from you Inflammatory Arthritis Medicines
- Inflammatory Arthritis and Work
- Joint Hypermobility (ARUK)
- Joint Injections
- Living Better with RA
- Living with Long Term Pain (ARUK)
- Looking After Your Joints When You Have Arthritis (ARUK)
- Pain and Arthritis (ARUK)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Self-Management Programme
- Right Track